Seeking an Intellectual Property Litigation Associate to join our West Los Angeles office.
• Conduct legal and factual research; prepare and respond to written discovery
• Draft pleadings and motions; assist with pre-trial and trial activities
• 2-3 years’ intellectual property litigation experience
• California bar and Patent bar licenses
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
• Excellent research, written, and verbal communication skills
• Excellent transcripts from accredited law school
• Strong knowledge of federal civil procedure
• Strong work ethic; ability to handle a busy docket with minimal oversight
Please send resume and law school transcripts to Kelly McBride at [email protected].
Cislo & Thomas LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cislo & Thomas Benefits
Cislo & Thomas LLP fosters a highly productive work atmosphere. We encourage and reward our staff while acquiring new skills to remain at the forefront of practice and procedure. To do so we provide the following benefits to our employees:
Compensation – We offer extremely competitive salaries and incentives.
Healthcare/Dental insurance – Full medical and dental coverage for each employee paid for by employer.
401(k) program – Offered to our employees along with an annual employer contribution.
Profit-sharing plan – Offered to all vested employees.
Opportunities – We invest in our employees and help each one to build a career within the Firm.
Reputation – Cislo & Thomas LLP has been recognized for its highest professional legal standards and ethics in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. Also recognized is our Managing Partner, Daniel M. Cislo by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review for his ethical standards and legal ability.
Intellectual Property Paralegal training program and certification – 3 year plan
· Year One – After one year of employment and a favorable evaluation and review the employee shall be referred by his or her supervisor for sponsorship to the UCLA Paralegal Training Program.
· Year Two – Qualifying candidates will be registered for the Paralegal Program and have their tuition and books paid for by Cislo & Thomas LLP.
· Year Three – Upon completion of the year long program the participant will receive an ABA Paralegal Certification. Under supervision of the firm the employee will be given greater responsibilities and commence working as an Intellectual Property Paralegal.
In-house training programs – Weekly training sessions covering all aspects of IP practice and procedure.
Subsidized training/education programs – Employees who have a great work ethic and show an affinity for this area of law will be offered sponsorship for legal education and training to further their skills and knowledge.
Should you have an interest in any of the current opportunities we have, please send a cover letter and resume via email to our Human Resources Department: [email protected] attn: Kelly McBride.