The intellectual property attorneys at Cislo & Thomas LLP can assist you in all aspects of your domain name acquisition, transfer and dispute resolutions, including:
- Investigating availability of domain names;
- Acquiring domain names from existing domain name registrars or other third parties;
- Selling or leasing domain names;
- Defending against third party attacks on your domain name; and
- Attacking third party domain names which violate your intellectual property or trademark rights.
Below you will find links to laws & rules relevant to obtaining, defending, and opposing domain names, as well as seeking protection of domain names.
WIPO: Domain Name Dispute Resolution – Avoid court proceedings by using the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center’s domain name dispute resolution services.
WIPO Frequently Asked Questions: Internet Domain Names – This link provides answers to the general questions most frequently received by the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center, concerning Internet domain names.
WIPO: Alternative Dispute Resolution – The WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center is a neutral, international and non-profit dispute resolution provider that offers time- and cost-efficient alternative dispute resolution (ADR) options
Uniform Rapid Suspension (“URS”) – Process to suspend clearly infringing domain names by registered trademark owners where infringement is clear.